Naturopathic Physician's Oath
I dedicate myself to the service of humanity as a practitioner of the art & science of Naturopathic medicine.
I will honor my teachers & all who have preserved & developed this knowledge & dedicate myself to supporting the growth & evolution of Naturopathic medicine.
I will endeavor continually to improve my abilities as a healer through study, reflection & genuine concern for humanity.
I will impart knowledge of the advanced healing arts to dedicated colleagues & students.
Through precept, lecture & example, I will assist & encourage others to strengthen their health, reduce risks for disease & preserve the health of our planet for ourselves, our families & future generations.
According to my best ability and judgment, I will use methods of treatment which follow the principles of Naturopathic medicine:
- First of all, to do no harm.
- To act in cooperation with the Healing Power of Nature.
- To address the fundamental causes of disease.
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment.
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventive medicine.
- To recognize the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient interaction.
I will conduct my life & the practice of Naturopathic health care with vigilance & integrity & freedom from prejudice.
I will abstain from voluntary acts of injustice & corruption.
I will keep confidential whatever I am privileged to witness, whether professionally or privately, that should not be divulged.
With my whole heart, before this gathering of witnesses, as a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, I pledge to remain true to this oath.